Experiences for Goulburn and Surrounds
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Goulburn and Surrounds.
Historic Sites and Heritage
White settlement of the Goulburn district began in 1825. The town was surveyed in 1833 and proclaimed in 1859. The town an district retain many historic buildings and other features from the 1800s, including the imposing 1887 courthouse.
- Historic Lansdowne Park Farmstay and Vineyard, Goulburn
- Goulburn's oldest homestead dates from 1825. Guided tours, convict-built Cobb & Co. coachhouse, convict jail, accommodation and farm activities (02 4821 8653).
- Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre
- Historic roundhouse (1918) and heritage rail workshop with engines and rolling stock under restoration. Open Tuesday to Saturday (02 4822 1210).
- Goulburn Historic Waterworks
- Steam-powered pumping facilities built in 1885 and still working on the banks of the Wollondilly River. The museum is open on 'steaming days' only or by appointment. Parkland and café open daily (02 4823 4462).
- Goulburn Brewery
- Australia's oldest surviving brewery has been restored to make the original ales and stouts by traditional processes dating from 1836. The industrial complex is made up of the steam flour mill, maltings, tobacco curing kiln, cooperage, mews, stables and workers cottage. Hotel, tea rooms, accommodation, functions and guided tours. Open daily (02 4821 6071).
- Cathedral Church of St Saviour, Goulburn
- Designed by Edmund Blackett and completed in 1884, the church features stained-glass windows, stone and timber carving detail and a working belltower. Open daily with guide access. Guided tours by arrangement (02 4821 2206).