Experiences for Mudgee and Surrounds
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Mudgee and Surrounds.
- Dunns Swamp (Wollemi NP)
- Several walking tracks fan out from the camping area beside the waterway. All are moderate in grade and range in length from 500 metres (15 min.) to 5.5 km (2 hours). Explore pagodas, shorelines, forests and woodlands. The Campsite Rocks circuit passes an Aboriginal art site and is wheelchair accessible.
- Ferntree Gully Environmental Reserve
- The best walk here is a one-hour, 2 km circuit which takes in both the cliff top lookout track and the gully track. Highlights are the two lookouts over the gorge and the rainforest boardwalk in the depths of the gully. Use the map on the sign in the picnic area to plan your walk.
- Castle Rocks (Munghorn Gap NR)
- From the point where the Wollar Road crosses Munghorn Gap (and the Great Divide), Castle Rocks is an easy 8 km return walk to an area of sandstone pagoda formations with spectacular views to the south.
- Town walks
- Both Mudgee and Gulgong have walks exploring the many historic buildings and other features.