Experiences for Penrith Valley
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Penrith Valley.
Galleries, Museums and Collections
- Penrith Regional Art Gallery and Lewers Bequest, Penrith
- Set in a garden on the banks of the Nepean River. Permanent collection of modernist works from the 1930s to the 1970s and other exhibitions. Open 11am to 5pm Tuesday to Sunday (02 4735 1100).
- Model Park, Luddenham
- A large park for model plane, train and automobile enthusiasts, run by the Sydney Society of Model Engineers Ltd. Steam train rides, and open for spectators on the last Sunday of every month (02 4773 4313).
- Museum of Fire, Penrith
- Explore firefighting from the early days of European settlement to modern challenges. Open 7 days. Group tours by appointment (02 4731 3000). Entry fee applies.
- Arms of Australia Inn Museum, Emu Plains
- Dating from 1826, this roadside inn was the last stop for Cobb & Co coaches heading into the Blue Mountains. Now operated as a local history museum by the Nepean District Historical Society. Open Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, or other times by appointment (02 4735 4394). Entry fee applies.