Experiences for Upper Hunter and the Hunter Valley
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Upper Hunter and the Hunter Valley.
- Lees Pinch (Goulburn River NP on Ringwood Road)
- From the main lookout and picnic area, a short round walk explores the dry ridge-top woodland and cliff-edge views.
- Phipps Cutting (Wollemi NP on the Bylong Valley Way and the Goulburn River Discovery Trail)
- A track leaves the northern side of the picnic area and crosses the dry watercourse to climb up some steps onto the old coach road. Follow the road to the left, above sandstone block walls and through black cypress and red gum regrowth. About 200m from the picnic area you can take a rest on a wooden bench overlooking the road and Goulburn River below, with the hills of Goulburn River National Park beyond.
- Baerami Creek (Wollemi National Park, off Baerami Creek Road)
- You can wander up the pleasant valley trail, exploring the remains of the oil shale industry.