Experiences for Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Oberon
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Oberon.
- A number of locations in the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area and adjacent reserves are provided with informative and educational signs to help visitors understand the landscape, ecology and human history of the region.
- The National Parks and Wildlife Service's Blue Mountains Heritage Centre (Blackheath) and Mount Tomah Botanic Garden (Bells Line of Road) have informative displays on natural history. Mount Tomah Botanic Garden will soon incorporate a major interpretive centre for the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. Both centres are open every day but Christmas Day.
- Kings Tableland Observatory at Wentworth Falls offers astronomical sessions from its 4.5 metre dome. Phone 02 4757 2954.
- Guided and self-guided tours at Jenolan Caves are a perfect way to learn about weird underground wildlife and the amazing geological features they call home. Phone 02 6359 3911.
- Many of the available guided tours and activities include a nature study component.