Experiences for Macarthur and the Southern Highlands
View other experiences within this region:
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Macarthur and the Southern Highlands.
- A 7 km circuit track goes around three of the Thirlmere Lakes - Gandangarra, Werri-berri and Couridjah.
- At Mount Annan Botanic Garden, a large network of paths wind through the plantings and open spaces.
- The bush and limestone features of Wombeyan Caves Karst Conservation Reserve can be explored on a variety of walking tracks of up to half a day in length.
- A range of local walks can be enjoyed near Mittagong, in the Mount Alexandra and Mount Gibraltar Reserves. The Box Vale Walking Track follows an historic railway through an 84m tunnel.
- In the east of the area, numerous walking tracks explore Morton National Park around the centres of Bundanoon and Fitzroy Falls, the rainforest of Robertson Nature Reserve and the wetlands of Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve near Moss Vale.
- Other local walks can be found at Appin, Georges River Nature Reserve, Cataract Dam and Tahmoor.