Experiences for Mudgee and Surrounds
Find out more about the features, attractions and landscapes of Mudgee and Surrounds.
Apart from the many delightful picnic choices in the town parks of the region, the conservation reserves offer some more rustic alternatives.
- Dunns Swamp (Wollemi NP)
- The day use area at Dunns Swamp is excellent for a picnic combined with a swim, walk or paddle - or all three! Park entry fee applies.
- Ferntree Gully Environmental Reserve
- The carpark and track head provide picnic facilities in a quiet setting off the Bylong Valley Way.
- Munghorn Gap Nature Reserve (5,934 hectares)
- The pleasant Moolarben picnic area is shaded by large rough-barked apples. It lies beside Wollar Road as it passes through the reserve, on the northern side of the Great Divide.